WOCA Wood Lye is a mild, non-corrosive form of lye for use on indoor wood. It creates a whitewashed appearance, and can be used on all wood species. Wood Lye helps to minimize the yellowing of wood, which occurs naturally in some wood species over time. WOCA Wood Lye is available in both White and Grey. Results vary.
IMPORTANT: Due to settings and colour adjustments within individual computer monitors and hand-held devices, the colour on your wood may or may not be achieved as shown in the colour swatches.
WOCA Wood Lye Details
WOCA Wood Lye is for priming unfinished or freshly & sanded interior woodwork. The Wood Lye minimizes the yellowing of wood and enhances the natural wood grain with white pigment (Wood Lye White) or grey pigment (Wood Lye Grey). Wood Lye may be used on all types of wood- flooring, walls, furniture, cabinets, shelving, tables, etc...
WOCA Wood Lye creates a coloured wash effect, depending on the chosen colour, white or grey. Results vary.
The unfinished woodwork must be clean, dry and finely sanded (grit 100-120) before applying the lye.
- Damp mop the floor with WOCA Intensive Wood Cleaner (see separate instructions). Let the floor dry completely.
- Apply the lye undiluted with a brush or paint roller in an even coat on the floor, following the wood grain. Let dry overnight.
- Apply at least one liter of lye for every 9.29 square meters of floor or woodwork.
- On vertical wood surfaces, apply from top to bottom.
- Rinse tools in clean water.
- When the wood is dry, remove any visible lime pigments from the surface. This is best done using a green buffing pad under a standard floor buffer. Vacuum surface clean.
- Finish the floor or woodwork with WOCA Diamond Active Oil.
Coverage: Approximately 23 square meter per 2.5 liter container
- Drying Time: 8-12 hours at 20°C
- Clean Tools: With water